The fire was reported around 9:30 a.m. Monday in the 3900 block of 147th Avenue NE in Lake Stevens.
Fire crews found heavy, dark smoke billowing from the attached garage and a separate auto shop, officials said.
There was smoke and flames from the roof of the auto shop.
The homeowner was alerted to the fire when the power went out to the house and he went to the garage to investigate, according to a Snohomish County Fire District 8 report.
He got out without injury and called 911.
With assistance from Granite Falls and Getchell fire districts, the fire was quickly brought under control.
The cause of the fire was an electrical appliance in the shop area.
Several vehicles and motorcycles were damaged by fire. Damage to the contents was estimated at $150,000.
More Local News Headlines
Objection delays release of records in school shootings Victims’ families want full account of shootings, lawyer says 5:28 p.m. ‘Unprecedented’ wind storm: 23K in county still without power 6:39 p.m. Cost overruns, location, parking needs put courthouse on hold Clarence Robertson volunteered for 56 years as a reserve deputy 5-story building in Mill Creek would include affordable housing Island County undersheriff resigning to care for his children Front Porch: Light a candle for a loved one
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.