Starbucks Corp. confirmed that it is participating in a bankruptcy auction Thursday to buy Tully's Coffee, which has 47 company-owned locations in Washington and California. Tully's filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in October.
Dempsey, who gained the nickname "McDreamy" on the TV show "Grey's Anatomy," also said last week that he wants to rescue the chain.
Baristas Coffee, which operates a chain of drive-thru espresso stands featuring female employees in skimpy outfits, has also expressed interest.
The auction process is not public. The outcome is expected to be filed in court Friday.
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
- Why are raises elusive with record U.S. job openings?
- Arlington firm has high hopes for 'Safer Choice' eco-logo
- Cage-free eggs will change the industry
- Russiaís 2nd largest airline in crisis as bankruptcy looms
- Wal-Mart cuts HQ 'to become a more agile company'
- Court upholds $236 million verdict against Exxon Mobil
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.