Seahawks and Redskins, heated rivals?
The reason for that--aside from the usual playoff intensity--is that the two teams played a pretty chippy game last season in Seattle, and during the coin toss of that game, players had to be separated after Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson and Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall exchanged heated words (video below).
On a radio interview this week, Hall said of the Seahawks, "They don't like us and we don't like them.
Robinson was asked about last year's game on Thursday, smiled, and said to the reporters surrounding his locker, "You trying to egg me on? Yeah, I'm looking forward to Sunday to see him. I'm looking forward to it."
So what happened anyway? How did two teams with little history almost get into a brawl before kickoff? Well from Robinson's standpoint, the trouble started when Hall was using some unsavory language in front of the young woman who was on the field for the coin toss as an honorary captain.
"You got a little girl out here, you've got to watch your mouth, man," Robinson said. "You're not going to come in our stadium and disrespect us like that. So that's kind of how it was, and it went from there."
And is there any chance that incident carries over to Sunday's game?
"Oh, I don't know, man," Robinson said. "You've got to see what happens on Sunday. I look forward to it though."
Here's the video. The fun starts at about the 5:30 mark.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.