Wilson helped the Seahawks go 5-0 in the final month of the regular season, which allowed them to wrap up a playoff berth. Wilson started the month leading Seattle to a win in Chicago, first by orchestrating a 97-yard drive to put Seattle up late in the fourth quarter, and then by leading an 80-yard touchdown drive in overtime. Wilson had nine touchdown passes and two interceptions in December, and had an NFL best 115.2 passer rating. He also averaged 52.4 rushing yards per game in December and scored all four of his rushing touchdowns.
Wilson joins Walter Jones as the only Seahawks to earn rookie of the month honors.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.