Seahawks QB Russell Wilson named NFL rookie of the month
Wilson helped the Seahawks go 5-0 in the final month of the regular season, which allowed them to wrap up a playoff berth. Wilson started the month leading Seattle to a win in Chicago, first by orchestrating a 97-yard drive to put Seattle up late in the fourth quarter, and then by leading an 80-yard touchdown drive in overtime. Wilson had nine touchdown passes and two interceptions in December, and had an NFL best 115.2 passer rating. He also averaged 52.4 rushing yards per game in December and scored all four of his rushing touchdowns.
Wilson joins Walter Jones as the only Seahawks to earn rookie of the month honors.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Looking at the Seahawks’ draft needs: safety Feb. 20
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says no surgery for Sherman and Chancellor Feb. 20
- Looking at the Seahawks’ draft needs: cornerback Feb. 20
- A few thoughts on a potential Russell Wilson contract extension Feb. 20
- Looking at the Seahawks’ draft needs: linebacker Feb. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.