Report: Seahawks fear torn ACL for DE Chris Clemons
Doctors believe #Seahawks DE Chris Clemons has a torn ACL, agent Donal Henderson told me. MRI in morning. "It's loose. We think it's an ACL"— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 7, 2013
Clemons, who led Seattle in sacks for the third straight year, went down seemingly without contact, making it fair to wonder if the pretty awful field conditions at FedEx Field played a factor.
Carroll said after the game that they didn't yet know the severity of the injury and that Clemons will have an MRI Monday, then added, "But we're concerned about it."
Rookie Bruce Irvin saw his workload increase with Clemons out and played well, picking up a fourth-quarter sack, but Clemons' loss would still be huge for Seattle if the injury is in fact serious. Seattle could perhaps look to add Ray Edwards, a free agent defensive end who worked out with the Seahawks last month. And it just so happens that Edwards last played for Atlanta, Seattle's next playoff opponent, before being released by the Falcons in November.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
- Clint Dempsey back with Sounders; available for Saturday’s opener March 7
- Seahawks re-sign Jeanpierre and Johnson March 7
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett will test free agency March 6
- Brandon Browner suspended for first four games of 2014 March 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.