Report: Seahawks fear torn ACL for DE Chris Clemons
Doctors believe #Seahawks DE Chris Clemons has a torn ACL, agent Donal Henderson told me. MRI in morning. "It's loose. We think it's an ACL"— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 7, 2013
Clemons, who led Seattle in sacks for the third straight year, went down seemingly without contact, making it fair to wonder if the pretty awful field conditions at FedEx Field played a factor.
Carroll said after the game that they didn't yet know the severity of the injury and that Clemons will have an MRI Monday, then added, "But we're concerned about it."
Rookie Bruce Irvin saw his workload increase with Clemons out and played well, picking up a fourth-quarter sack, but Clemons' loss would still be huge for Seattle if the injury is in fact serious. Seattle could perhaps look to add Ray Edwards, a free agent defensive end who worked out with the Seahawks last month. And it just so happens that Edwards last played for Atlanta, Seattle's next playoff opponent, before being released by the Falcons in November.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks player quotes from Monday of Super Bowl week Jan. 26
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.