Here's a look at the nominees:
• Arlington's Lindsay Brown scored 16 points in a win over Mariner and 10 points in a win over Kamiak as the Eagles swept the Mukilteo School District teams to remain unbeaten.
• Archbishop Murphy's Beth Carlson scored 19 points and had 15 rebounds in a win over South Whidbey and added 14 in a win over Coupeville as the Wildcats remained unbeaten in Cascade Conference play.
• Edmonds-Woodway's Moni Jackson scored nine points and was key on the defensive side of the ball in a key win over Snohomish and had 14 in a victory over Kamiak.
• Meadowdale's Julianne Kossian scored 15 points -- all on three 3-pointers -- in an overtime win over Marysville Pilchuck and had seven in a win over Bothell as the Mavericks ran their win streak to five.
• Jackson's Faithaleen Lopez-Flores scored 29 points in a win over Lake Stevens and had 14 in a win over Monroe as the Timberwolves went 2-0 last week and moved into first place in the 4A South.
• Monroe's Deidra Miller scored 17 points as the Bearcats became the first team to beat Lynnwood this season and added nine points in a loss to Jackson.
• Oak Harbor's Kelsey Rankin scored a game-high 18 points as the Wildcats beat Mountlake Terrace for their second league win.
• Shorewood's Masha Shtikel scored 32 points, including 20 in the second half, to lead the Thunderbirds past Everett to remain tied with Glacier Peak for first place in the 3A South.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.