Here's a look at the nominees:
• King's Andrew Ayers scored 16 points in the Knights' win over Cedarcrest to take first place in the Cascade Conference. Ayers also scored 18 points in a win over Lakewood earlier in the week.
• Edmonds-Woodway post Travis Bakken scored 25 points and had five blocks -- including two key blocks late in the game -- as the Warriors beat Mount Vernon in a Wesco crossover game. Bakken also scored 13 in a win over Snohomish earlier in the week.
• Arlington's Terry Dawn poured in 35 points in a back-and-forth overtime win over Kamiak to help the Eagles bounce back after their only loss of the season.
• Jackson's Dan Kingma scored 17 points, including the game-winning 3-pointer, in a 54-53 win over Monroe and poured in 23 points in a win over Lake Stevens earlier in the week as the Timberwolves remained unbeaten.
• Meadowdale's Aidan O'Neill scored 15 points and had five assists as the Mavericks beat Marysville Pilchuck for their first Wesco win.
• Mariner's Bayek Tutlam scored 22 points, including seven in the final three minutes, as the Marauders handed Arlington its first loss of the season. Tutlam also had 14 in a loss to Snohomish.
• Sultan's Brock VandenEkart scored 28 points in a win over Lakewood and also had 18 in a win over South Whidbey as the Turks picked up a pair of Cascade Conference victories last week.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.