Gregoire arrived in the nation's capital Tuesday night and is scheduled to attend a meeting of the Council of Governors on Wednesday. The meeting had originally been planned for November and then postponed to Jan. 9.
She is among a group of governors who will discuss potential funding cuts to the Air National Guard with officials from the departments of defense and homeland security
The Council of Governors is the only event on her official schedule, according to spokesman Cory Curtis. He said he was not aware of any meetings between her and representatives of the president but noted he does not control her private schedule.
Gregoire's name has been mentioned for several posts, including the currently occupied cabinet seat of Secretary of the Interior.
Most recently, she's been mentioned as a successor to retiring Environmental Protection Agency leader Lisa Jackson.
Gregoire is due to fly back to Washington on Wednesday.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
- DelBene filling up coffers as Scott gears up campaign July 22
- Senate suspends I-1351, delays biology test requirement July 9
- Senate GOP, Democrats reach deal that could end session July 8
- Inslee signs 'forward thinking' budget, averts shut down July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.