Gregoire arrived in the nation's capital Tuesday night and is scheduled to attend a meeting of the Council of Governors on Wednesday. The meeting had originally been planned for November and then postponed to Jan. 9.
She is among a group of governors who will discuss potential funding cuts to the Air National Guard with officials from the departments of defense and homeland security
The Council of Governors is the only event on her official schedule, according to spokesman Cory Curtis. He said he was not aware of any meetings between her and representatives of the president but noted he does not control her private schedule.
Gregoire's name has been mentioned for several posts, including the currently occupied cabinet seat of Secretary of the Interior.
Most recently, she's been mentioned as a successor to retiring Environmental Protection Agency leader Lisa Jackson.
Gregoire is due to fly back to Washington on Wednesday.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- House, Senate leaders urge Kelley to resign as auditor Sep. 23
- Eyman turns over bank records, court hearing reset Sep. 17
- State Democrats eager to know who’s taking on Inslee Sep. 17
- Chinese president to visit Boeing operation in Everett Sep. 16
- Inslee won't call special session to deal with charter school ruling Sep. 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.