Report: Sacramento Kings may be sold to Seattle group
According to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, the Maloof brothers, owners of the Sacramento Kings, are finalizing a deal to sell the Kings to the Chris Hansen-led group that has been working to build a SoDo arena and bring the NBA back to Seattle.
According to Wojnarowski, Hansen, Steve Ballmer and company would pay approximately $500 million for the Kings and would be looking to move them here for the 2013-2014 season. They would play in KeyArena for two years while the new arena was constructed.
The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 9, 2013
The deal isn't done yet, but obviously this is potentially a huge day for sports fans in the area.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Final Seahawks injury updates from Pete Carroll before they head to SF Nov. 26
- Seahawks S Kam Chancellor named NFC Defensive Player of the Week Nov. 26
- Tuesday Seahawks practice report Nov. 25
- Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn says Seahawks were "most connected" they've been this year Nov. 25
- Seahawks' Sherman, Baldwin put on skit criticizing NFL Nov. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.