The incident occurred outside the McDonald’s at Kellogg and Dugan, Sgt. Bill Stevens said. No one was injured, he said.
Wichita police have blocked off a street in front of a home where a male suspect from the case is believed to be. Officers are waiting for a search warrant.
Stevens gave this account: A couple had received an order at the McDonald’s and realized the order was wrong. Instead of going to the back of the drive-through lane, they tried to cut in front of another vehicle in the drive-through. An altercation ensued.
A woman driving the car that tried to cut in front threw a crowbar at the other vehicle. Her male passenger exited the vehicle with a shotgun and fired one shot into the driver’s side door of the second vehicle as it was exiting the drive-through. The vehicle that was shot at had a man and woman inside.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo Nov. 13
- How do you smuggle Heineken into Saudi Arabia? Nov. 12
- Human poop could yield up to $9.5 billion Nov. 3
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.