Temperatures are forecast tonight to drop into the mid-to-low 20s at sea level and into the teens in the Cascade foothills, according to the National Weather Service.
Water left behind by rain and snow on Wednesday night could turn to ice on the roads by Friday, according to the transportation department.
Drivers are advised to allow extra travel time, keep speeds down and stay at least three times farther behind the cars in front of them than usual.
Other driving tips may be found on the state's winter weather website.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Some changes, more waiting for new I-405 bottleneck Nov. 23
- Signal timing on 88th Street NE near I-5 remains sore spot Nov. 23
- Seasonal closure begins on Highway 20 Nov. 17
- Mann Road to close for Burlington Northern crossing repairs Nov. 16
- Finishing Highway 522 widening? Add it to the long(shot) list Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.