Snohomish County Fire District 7 responded to the 18400 block of 20th Drive SE where fire was spotted in the back of a duplex. It reached the attic.
The call came in after 3 a.m.
People living at the home were able to leave the home safely.
The fire was extinguished within minutes.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the chimney fire box and to a small portion of the attic, fire district spokeswoman Autumn Waite said. Nearly all of the personal belongings inside were spared. There were no injuries.
The residents were getting help from the Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross.
More Local News Headlines
Oregon gunfire resonates in Marysville: 'Be gentle' Charges against Monroe officer could be dismissed Snohomish invited to celebrate birthday of crooner Jerry McClain In first half of 2015, Washingtonians gave Clinton more than $738K Lovick's $228M 2016 budget refunds property taxes meant for courthouse Everett Councilman Ron Gipson denies harassment allegations Photo: Where fog likes to linger State auditor to Sultan: Keep better track of your money
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.