Snohomish County Fire District 7 responded to the 18400 block of 20th Drive SE where fire was spotted in the back of a duplex. It reached the attic.
The call came in after 3 a.m.
People living at the home were able to leave the home safely.
The fire was extinguished within minutes.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the chimney fire box and to a small portion of the attic, fire district spokeswoman Autumn Waite said. Nearly all of the personal belongings inside were spared. There were no injuries.
The residents were getting help from the Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross.
More Local News Headlines
DNR cleans local waterways of sunken, derelict, abandoned boats Everett teachers OK contract with nearly 8% pay raise Tell lawmakers ways to improve and fund public schools United Way honors Everett volunteer with Roger Bouck Award Evergreen State Fair judging results Front Porch: Smoky fire may be done Report on high school shootings: 'I needed to do this' Victims of the Marysville Pilchuck High School shootings
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.