Snohomish County Fire District 7 responded to the 18400 block of 20th Drive SE where fire was spotted in the back of a duplex. It reached the attic.
The call came in after 3 a.m.
People living at the home were able to leave the home safely.
The fire was extinguished within minutes.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the chimney fire box and to a small portion of the attic, fire district spokeswoman Autumn Waite said. Nearly all of the personal belongings inside were spared. There were no injuries.
The residents were getting help from the Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross.
More Local News Headlines
No answers more than 9 years after mother and daughter were murdered Neighbors band together to fight construction of 112 homes 14 nonprofits have launched an online initiative to seek donations Teen who sprayed mace at clerk said crime ‘looked easy’ on TV Public meeting: State parks leaders review past, ponder future Christian rocker shares lessons of grace from his own life Community Transit to expand Snohomish County routes in March Arlington man’s death in Camano Island fire deemed suicide
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.