Snohomish County Fire District 7 responded to the 18400 block of 20th Drive SE where fire was spotted in the back of a duplex. It reached the attic.
The call came in after 3 a.m.
People living at the home were able to leave the home safely.
The fire was extinguished within minutes.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the chimney fire box and to a small portion of the attic, fire district spokeswoman Autumn Waite said. Nearly all of the personal belongings inside were spared. There were no injuries.
The residents were getting help from the Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross.
More Local News Headlines
It’s not easy to keep exotic animals as pets and many fall victim to their own popularity or become pests in an alien environment I-1366 forces state’s hand Details out on proposed vaping ban 6 vie for 3 seats on Snohomish City Council Granite Falls to choose between mayor, city manager Eyman stays mum on probe 1 arrested in Bellevue for Sept. assault, burglary in Monroe Six seek three contested seats on Everett City Council
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.