Vote for Girls Basketball Player of the Week | Jan. 7-12
Here's a look at the nominees:
• Jackson's Sierra Anderson scored 24 points as the Timberwolves avenged an earlier season loss to Snohomish with a Wesco crossover win. The junior guard also had 12 in a loss to Arlington.
• Tulalip Heritage's Katia Brown scored 21 and 12 points in wins over Lummi and Grace Academy, respectively, as the Hawks remained unbeaten in league play.
• Lynnwood's Arsenia Ivanov scored 14 points -- all in the second half -- as the Royals beat Snohomish in a key Wesco crossover game.
• Arlington's Ronnie Ladines scored 17 points and was a force inside on the offensive and defensive ends as the Eagles beat Jackson in a key Wesco crossover game. Ladines also contributed six points (Cascade) and five points (Edmonds-Woodway) in wins that kept Arlington unbeaten.
• Stanwood's Tristan Murphy scored 23 points and hit two free throws to send the game into overtime as the Spartans came from behind to beat Mountlake Terrace. Murphy also had 14 points in a win over Glacier Peak.
• Shorecrest's Annie Schlachter scored 17 points in a win over Everett and had 11 in a victory over Marysville Pilchuck as the Thunderbirds improved to 7-7.
• Monroe's Kylie Smith scored nine points and was credited with being a positive influence on her team in a win over Edmonds-Woodway and also had six points (Cascade) and four points (Mariner) as the Bearcats went 3-0 in a big Wesco 4A crossover week.
• Meadowdale's Ndey Sonko scored 19 points in a win over Everett and has 12 in a win over Oak Harbor as the Lady Mavs went 2-0 to run their win streak to seven games and move into a tie with Glacier Peak for second place in Wesco 3A South.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.