Vote for Boys Basketball Player of the Week | Jan. 7-12
Here's a look at the nominees:
• Mountlake Terrace's Marquis Armstead scored nine of his 17 points in the fourth quarter of the Hawks' comeback win over Stanwood. He also had 16 points in a win over Marysville Getchell.
• Shorewood's Josh Hawkinson scored 34 points in an overtime win over Oak Harbor and 33 in win over Marysville Getchell as the Thunderbirds remained in a tie for first place in Wesco 3A South with Mountlake Terrace.
• Tulalip Heritage's DJ Kidd scored 19 points in a win over Grace Academy and had 12 in a win over first-place Lummi.
• Mount Vernon's Casey Leek scored 22 points in a win over Lynnwood and 11 in a win over Cascade and had 13 in a loss to Mariner as the Bulldogs went 2-1 in a three-game week of Wesco 4A crossover games.
• Stanwood's Cannen Roberson scored 10 of his 19 points in a key third quarter of the Spartans' win over Glacier Peak and had 13 in a loss to Mountlake Terrace.
• Lake Stevens' Devin Stoen scored 16 points, including the game-winning basket, in a win over Mariner and also scored 20 points in both a win over Lynnwood and a loss to Kamiak.
• Jackson's Jason Todd scored 24 points, grabbed 13 rebounds and had four assists in a win over Arlington, a game featuring the best North and South teams from Wesco 4A. He also scored 10 in a win over Snohomish earlier in the week.
• Mariner's Bayek Tutlam averaged nearly 20 points per game as the Marauders went 2-1 in a three-game week of Wesco 4A crossover games.
• Sultan's Brock VandenEkart scored 16 points in both Turks' wins over Granite Falls and Archbishop Murphy as Sultan moved into third place in the Cascade Conference. VandenEkart also scored 34 in a loss to Sammamish.
• Kamiak's Josh Wisnubroto scored 16 and 10 points in wins over Snohomish and Lake Stevens, respectively, as the Knights went 2-0 in Wesco 4A crossover games.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.