The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions
Herald staff | rking@heraldnet.com
Published: Monday, January 14, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

Appliance caused Everett auto shop fire

A fire at an Everett auto repair shop on Saturday night was started by a malfunctioning dehumidifier, Everett Fire Marshal Rick Robinson said Monday. The fire was reported about 5 p.m. in the back room of the business in the 10100 block of Fourth Avenue W. Flames from the appliance had reached a nearby propane tank, Robinson said. That caused the tank to automatically release a relief valve. “That intensified the fire, but we had an early warning, and the crews did a good job,” Robinson said. Damage was estimated at $15,000. No injuries were reported.
View Auto shop fire, 1-12-2013 in a larger map
Story tags » EverettFirefightingFire

Subscribe to Daily headlines
See sample | Privacy policy

Most recent Sirens posts

digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...
» More local news
HeraldNet Classifieds

HeraldNet highlights

From NYPD to SCSO
From NYPD to SCSO: A New York cop opts for life in a slower lane, in Sultan
Unpaid caregivers
Unpaid caregivers: There's support for the thousands who look after a loved one
The empowering kind
The empowering kind: Lake Stevens teen openly shares struggles with other kids
Writing on the wall
Writing on the wall: Autistic boy can't speak, but he loves his words