The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions
Herald staff | rking@heraldnet.com
Published: Monday, January 14, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

Appliance caused Everett auto shop fire

A fire at an Everett auto repair shop on Saturday night was started by a malfunctioning dehumidifier, Everett Fire Marshal Rick Robinson said Monday. The fire was reported about 5 p.m. in the back room of the business in the 10100 block of Fourth Avenue W. Flames from the appliance had reached a nearby propane tank, Robinson said. That caused the tank to automatically release a relief valve. “That intensified the fire, but we had an early warning, and the crews did a good job,” Robinson said. Damage was estimated at $15,000. No injuries were reported.
View Auto shop fire, 1-12-2013 in a larger map
Story tags » EverettFirefightingFire

Sign up for HeraldNet headlines Newsletter
See sample | Privacy policy

Most recent Sirens posts

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

» More local news