Appliance caused Everett auto shop fire
The fire was reported about 5 p.m. in the back room of the business in the 10100 block of Fourth Avenue W.
Flames from the appliance had reached a nearby propane tank, Robinson said. That caused the tank to automatically release a relief valve.
“That intensified the fire, but we had an early warning, and the crews did a good job,” Robinson said.
Damage was estimated at $15,000. No injuries were reported.
View Auto shop fire, 1-12-2013 in a larger map
Most recent Sirens posts
- Edmonds pedestrian struck, injured by car March 6
- U.S. 2 briefly shut down after gunfire in Gold Bar Feb. 28
- Fugitive Watch Feb. 21
- Fugitive Watch Jan. 31
- Gas leak prompts closure of south Everett road Jan. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.