Published: Monday, January 14, 2013, 10:04 a.m.
A fire at an Everett auto repair shop on Saturday night was started by a malfunctioning dehumidifier, Everett Fire Marshal Rick Robinson said Monday.
The fire was reported
about 5 p.m. in the back room of the business in the 10100 block of Fourth Avenue W.
Flames from the appliance had reached a nearby propane tank, Robinson said. That caused the tank to automatically release a relief valve.
“That intensified the fire, but we had an early warning, and the crews did a good job,” Robinson said.
Damage was estimated at $15,000. No injuries were reported.
View Auto shop fire, 1-12-2013 in a larger map