1-8oz pack of ready spinach artichoke dip or make from scratch
1 cup sour cream
4 large tortillas
2 cups of colored peppers, diced
1/2 cup of fresh cilantro finely chopped
For the artichoke dip:
1 cup fresh spinach diced
1 cup fresh artichoke hearts finely chopped
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 fresh garlic cloves crushed
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
To make the dip:
Boil spinach and artichokes in 2 cups of water and a 1/4 tsp salt. When they are tender, drain them and discard the liquid. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft. Add the cooked spinach, artichokes and the rest of ingredients in a food processor along with the cream cheese. Give it two or three quick pulses. You dip is ready to spread.
The wraps take very little prep time and make great vegetarian appetizers.
Cook your tortilla on a heated skillet and let them cool down. Lay a tortilla on a plate or board. Spread a spoonful of sour cream onto the tortilla.
Then a dollop of yummy spinach artichoke dip.
Sprinkle the diced colored peppers and cilantro. Roll them down snug from one end to the other, not too tight but firm enough to retain shape. Cut them into desired thickness and serve along with some more dip on the side. Enjoy!
More on Myfoodarama.com
Most recent The Dish posts
- Make this now: Lark’s John Sundstrom enters dish in national breakfast battle Sep. 23
- This cookbook, scientifically speaking, is a great for the home cook Sep. 16
- It’s fun to mix fruit and fire Sep. 15
- Summer’s last hurrah: Take this opportunity to feast on late seasonal produce Sep. 9
- Teach her to make dan dan noodles, feed craving for a lifetime Sep. 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.