As the Seahawks' VP of Football Administration, Idzik, who holds a mathematics degree from Dartmouth, oversaw contract negotiations and was considered one of the league's best salary cap experts.
“John is a well-respected, life-long football man who I believe will be a strong addition to the Jets organization,” Seahawks general manager John Schneider said in a statement. “While he will be missed by the Seahawks organization, we wish him and his family all the best with this great opportunity.”
According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, former Broncos GM Brian Xanders could replace Idzik in Seattle's front office.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.