Snohomish's Harwood has successful brain surgery
Panthers forward was suffering from an abscess in her brain
According to Snohomish girls basketball head coach Ken Roberts, Harwood's doctors said the surgery went well and that she is currently recovering at Children's.
"She is doing fine," Roberts said. "We expect Callie to make a full recovery."
Harwood began feeling ill on Jan. 9 and saw limited playing time in the Panthers' game that night against Kamiak. The junior forward got progressively more sick over the next few days and missed Snohomish's game agaisnt Lynnwood last Friday. When her health didn't improve her family took her to the emergency room on Sunday. It was there that doctors diagnosed Harwood with meningitis, which, along with her severe headaches, prompted the MRI.
"Some people were curious if she was contagious. She was not," Roberts said.
Roberts said Harwood, who was the Panthers' leading scorer going into last week, is not expected to be back on the court this season.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Prep Athletes of the Week 2/15-2/21 Feb. 23
- Regional basketball schedule Feb. 22
- Regional Basketball Pairings Feb. 21
- Live video: Glacier Peak vs. Stanwood boys basketball (3A District 1 championship) Feb. 21
- Live video: Glacier Peak vs. Lynnwood girls basketball (3A District 1 championship) Feb. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.