Snohomish County Fire District 26 responded to a fire call at about 6 p.m. Saturday at 126 Second St. in Gold Bar. Before the fire department arrived, patrons of a nearby restaurant tried to rescue the man, but were driven back by heat and smoke, said District 26 spokesman Eric Andrews.
Volunteer firefighters from Gold Bar Fire District 26 were joined by those from Sultan Fire District 5. The firefighters broke through the front door of the home, fighting flames until they found the occupant. The man was carried outside, where crews began CPR. Paramedics treated the patient at the scene and then took him to Harborview. The fire appears to be accidental, Andrews said.
The home did not have any working smoke alarm. Fire District 26 and most fire districts in the county offer free smoke alarms, batteries, alarm installation and testing, Andrews said. There is no excuse not to have a smoke alarm, he said.
More Local News Headlines
Everett teens were shot because one wore blue, police say State attorneys are investigating Eyman's use of initiative money Panel gives green light to unfair labor practices case against Roe Painter Elizabeth Webber leaves a legacy of faith, courage and art Family recognized for operating same small farm for 127 years People who live along lakes can make a difference to protect them 2 papal parades, more passes available after ticket outcry Opportunities
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.