Seahawks QB Russell Wilson added to NFC Pro Bowl squad
Wilson was named a third alternate when Pro Bowl rosters were announced last month, but will play in the game because all three NFC quarterbacks (Aaron Rodgers, Robert Griffin III and Ryan) will miss the game because of injuries. Drew Brees and Eli Manning already had been added to the NFC squad as injury replacements.
Wilson, who tied Peyton Manning's rookie record with 26 touchdown passes, will be the sixth Seahawk on the Pro Bowl roster, joining center Max Unger and left tackle Russell Okung, who were both named to the team as starters, as well as running back Marshawn Lynch, safety Earl Thomas and kick returner Leon Washington.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Dempsey on Letterman, Sherman in the top 10, Seahawks set for the future and other Thursday links July 10
- Seahawks season tickets sold out. So is the waiting list July 9
- Russell Wilson on race and a few other Wednesday links July 9
- Naked Marshawn Lynch hits the newsstand and other Seahawks links July 8
- Kyle Seager calls All-Star selection a “dream come true” July 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.