Seahawks QB Russell Wilson added to NFC Pro Bowl squad
Wilson was named a third alternate when Pro Bowl rosters were announced last month, but will play in the game because all three NFC quarterbacks (Aaron Rodgers, Robert Griffin III and Ryan) will miss the game because of injuries. Drew Brees and Eli Manning already had been added to the NFC squad as injury replacements.
Wilson, who tied Peyton Manning's rookie record with 26 touchdown passes, will be the sixth Seahawk on the Pro Bowl roster, joining center Max Unger and left tackle Russell Okung, who were both named to the team as starters, as well as running back Marshawn Lynch, safety Earl Thomas and kick returner Leon Washington.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Carroll talks Harvin, Rams' special teams trickery; your Tuesday Seahawks links Oct. 21
- Injury updates and other Monday Pete Carroll notes Oct. 20
- Pete Carroll with more on Percy Harvin trade, a “team decision” Oct. 20
- Highlights from Pete Carroll's Monday radio show Oct. 20
- Looking at snap count numbers from Seahawks' loss in St. Louis Oct. 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.