Here's a look at the nominees:
• Arlington's Terry Dawn scored 26 and 20 points in wins over Lynnwood and Monroe, respectively, as the Eagles went 2-0 to remain in first place in 4A North.
• Mountlake Terrace's Blake Fernandez scored 16 and 15 points in wins over Meadowdale and Everett, respectively, as the Hawks remained tied with Shorewood for first place in the 3A South.
• Marysville Getchell's Nathen Grimm scored 33 points in a win over crosstown rival Marysville Pilchuck and also had 17 in a win over Shorecrest as the Chargers tied Oak Harbor for second place in the 3A North.
• Grace Academy's Jeremiah Lee scored 14 and 17 points in wins over Highland Christian and Lopez Island, respectively, as the Eagles went 2-0 last week.
• Archbishop Murphy's Connor Longoria scored 12 points to lead the Wildcats to an upset victory over King's and also had 18 in a win over Granite Falls as Murphy jumped over Sultan into third place in the Cascade Conference.
• La Conner's Spencer Novak scored 14 points in a win over Cedar Park Christian-Mountlake Terrace to remain unbeaten and in first place in the Northwest 1A/2B/1B standings. Novak also had 23 points in a win over South Whidbey and 12 in a win over Darrington.
• Stanwood's Cannen Roberson scored 23 points in a win over Meadowdale and had 14 points and 10 rebounds in a win over Oak Harbor as the Spartans clinched a Wesco 3A North title.
• Glacier Peak's Ramsey Rosales had 13 points (Everett) and 18 (Oak Harbor) as the Grizzlies went 2-0 last week.
• Jackson's Jason Todd scored 30 points in a win over Mount Vernon and had 29 in a three-point win over Edmonds-Woodway as the Timberwolves remained unbeaten.
• Kamiak's Imaan Vicente had 34 points in a win over Lynnwood as the Knights clinched a district berth. Vicente also had 26 points in a loss to Monroe earlier in the week.
- Prep Zone: Vote for Girls Basketball Player of the Week | Jan. 14-19 1/21/13
Most recent Prep Zone posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.