The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Body found after fire in Edmonds

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY  |  COMMENTS
Herald Staff
EDMONDS -- A woman's body was found Monday night after a fire at an Edmonds apartment complex.
The fire apparently was started by an accident with a reading lamp.
"This was the type of lamp you can clip to a shelf or headboard. It appears the lamp came loose and landed on the victim's bed in the living room," said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
The fire was reported about 6 p.m. at Gateway Apartments along 240th Street SW.
Crews quickly extinguished the fire and found the body inside, she said.
Police and fire investigators were called to the scene. Officials were not releasing information about the victim pending identification by the medical examiner.
A cat also died in the fire, which was confined to one apartment, Hynes said.
People who live in the apartment complex were allowed to return to their homes at about 11:30 p.m.

View Fatal fire, 1-21-2013 in a larger map
Story tags » EdmondsFirefightingFire

More Local News Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates


Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.