Everett played the past two games without defensemen Connor Cox (neck), Austin Adam (head) and Ayrton Nikkel (foot). Today before the team boarded the bus, Nikkel skated briefly in practice before departing early, and Cox practiced in a no-contact jersey. Both boarded the bus and could return at some point during the trip. Adam, meanwhile, remained in Everett.
So it's possible the Tips will be getting some defensive relief during the road trip, but it's not guaranteed. As such, Landon Oslanski practiced as a defenseman today, the first time I've seen him practicing on the blue line since the coaching change. Also, Everett playing its next game in Kamloops is convenient as it happens to be the hometown of 15-year-old defensive prospect Kevin Davis, who filled in as an emergency call-up over the weekend. Davis is once again on standby.
As for Everett's injuries up front, winger Dawson Leedahl (knee) has been cleared to return and is available during the road trip. Winger Lucas Grayson (lower body) has returned to practice, but is still considered day-to-day.
Most recent Silvertips blog posts
- Everett Silvertips vs. Moose Jaw Warriors lineup notes Nov. 27
- Silvertips snap skid by routing Tri-City 5-0 Nov. 25
- Everett Silvertips vs. Tri-City Americans lineup notes Nov. 25
- The Everett Silvertips make their Apple Cup picks (and WHL links) Nov. 24
- Could Seattle still be in the running for an NHL expansion franchise? Nov. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.