The truck apparently blew a tire about 4 p.m. along the highway, just north of the 116th Street NE exit, said trooper Keith Leary with the Washington State Patrol.
The truck left the roadway and hit a tree, he said. No one was hurt. No other vehicles were involved.
The driver, 35, of Seattle, was hauling 40,000 pounds of frozen seafood from a cold storage unit in Bellingham, Leary said. He was headed to the Port of Seattle.
Another truck was called in to transport the crashed truck's trailer. The contents inside were not affected, Leary said.
No lanes were blocked, but the truck poses a visual hazard and could impact traffic. There are no plans to cite the driver.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Social media iPhone prank ties up local 911 call centers July 2
- Marysville bicyclist dies of injuries from collision with car June 30
- Three shot after argument in fast-food parking lot in Everett June 29
- Kenmore man drowns in Snohomish River June 29
- Delayed emergency dispatch software to go live in October June 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.