Sheriff John Lovick issues statement on gun laws
"As Sheriff elected twice by the citizens of Snohomish County, I swore to support, defend and obey the Constitution AND laws of the United States of America. At this time, there have been no changes to federal or state gun laws. As a law enforcement agency, it is not our role to comment on or criticize policy recommendations – it is our job to uphold and defend the laws of our county, state and country. If new federal or state gun laws are passed, I will discuss the best way to follow the spirit of those laws with Snohomish county leadership, Washington state legislators, and my colleagues at other law enforcement agencies."
Most recent Sirens posts
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
- Investigation of June wildfire wrapping up Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.