Sheriff John Lovick issues statement on gun laws
"As Sheriff elected twice by the citizens of Snohomish County, I swore to support, defend and obey the Constitution AND laws of the United States of America. At this time, there have been no changes to federal or state gun laws. As a law enforcement agency, it is not our role to comment on or criticize policy recommendations – it is our job to uphold and defend the laws of our county, state and country. If new federal or state gun laws are passed, I will discuss the best way to follow the spirit of those laws with Snohomish county leadership, Washington state legislators, and my colleagues at other law enforcement agencies."
Most recent Sirens posts
- Lake Stevens man hit by patrol car remains hospitalized Oct. 21
- Bong used as weapon in robbery, Everett police say Oct. 21
- Officer, suspect injured after gunfire in Marysville, Lake Stevens, Granite Falls Oct. 15
- Quick thinking helps fight Mukilteo fire Oct. 13
- Gunfire linked to gang fight in Lynnwood Oct. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.