But, when two Democrats joined with the 23 Republicans to form a governing coalition, Sen. Rosemary McAuliffe lost the chairmanship of the Senate Committee on Early Learning and K-12 Education, and Sens. Maralyn Chase and Paull Shin lost vice chairmanships,
The three south Snohomish County senators ended up with these committee assignments:
Sen. Maralyn Chase -- Trade & Economic Development committee (Ranking Member), Energy Environment and Telecommunications committee;
Sen. Rosemary McAuliffe -- Early Learning and K-12 Education committee (Ranking Member), Higher Education committee;
Sen. Paull Shin -- Agriculture, Water and Rural Economic Development committee, Trade and Economic Development committee,
Chase represents the 32nd Legislative District, including Lynnwood, part of Mountlake Terrace, south Edmonds, Woodway and nearby unincorporated areas of southwest Snohomish County, Shoreline and part of northwest Seattle.
McAuliffe represents the 1st Legislative District, including most of Mountlake Terrace, all of Brier and Bothell, part of Kirkland, unincorporated areas of King County between Bothell and Kirkland, and unincorporated areas of Snohomish County north and east of Bothell,
Shin represents the 21st District, including most of Edmonds, north Lynnwood, Mukilteo and part of south Everett.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Introductory statements from Edmonds Council candidates Petso, Tibbott Aug. 31
- Introducing charter-review candidates in County Council District 4 Aug. 28
- Introducing charter-review candidates in County Council District 3 Aug. 27
- U.S. Rep. Larsen, VA officials to meet vets at Mountlake Terrace Senior Center Aug. 27
- Familiar names on ballot for county charter-review commission Aug. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.