Gossett, like Ryan a Democrat, is prevented from seeking a fourth term by term limits.
Ryan resigned two years ago after 17 years on the Mill Creek Council, eight of them as mayor.
Ryan is a commercial real estate agent, married father of four and longtime youth and high school soccer coach.
He said early this week that he expected to concentrate on economic growth and quality of life.
Ryan said he would soon begin campaigning throughout the district, which includes Bothell, Brier, Mountlake Terrace, Mill Creek and near unincorporated areas.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Edmonds candidate forum on cable TV Monday Oct. 9
- Edmonds candidates to appear at Monday forum Oct. 8
- Budget statements from Edmonds Council candidates Crank and Teitzel Oct. 8
- Charter review suggestions from candidates in District 4 Oct. 7
- Issue statements from Lynnwood candidates Roberts and Hurst Oct. 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.