Gossett, like Ryan a Democrat, is prevented from seeking a fourth term by term limits.
Ryan resigned two years ago after 17 years on the Mill Creek Council, eight of them as mayor.
Ryan is a commercial real estate agent, married father of four and longtime youth and high school soccer coach.
He said early this week that he expected to concentrate on economic growth and quality of life.
Ryan said he would soon begin campaigning throughout the district, which includes Bothell, Brier, Mountlake Terrace, Mill Creek and near unincorporated areas.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Marko Liias will be assistant floor leader for Senate Democrats Nov. 23
- Local legislators say Eyman wrong about deal to repeal initiatives Nov. 23
- Lynnwood Council race back in recount range Nov. 18
- Council action on Brier fireworks vote could come in first half of 2016 Nov. 17
- Lynnwood Council race now out of recount range Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.