Gossett, like Ryan a Democrat, is prevented from seeking a fourth term by term limits.
Ryan resigned two years ago after 17 years on the Mill Creek Council, eight of them as mayor.
Ryan is a commercial real estate agent, married father of four and longtime youth and high school soccer coach.
He said early this week that he expected to concentrate on economic growth and quality of life.
Ryan said he would soon begin campaigning throughout the district, which includes Bothell, Brier, Mountlake Terrace, Mill Creek and near unincorporated areas.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Budget statement from Edmonds School Board incumbent Gary Noble Oct. 5
- Introductory statements from Edmonds candidates Nelson and Rutledge Oct. 2
- Brier ballot measure would advise City Council on fireworks ban Oct. 2
- Issue statements from Fire District 1 candidates Luke and Schrock Oct. 1
- Look to bottom of ballot to find Community Transit measure Oct. 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.