Like Idzik, Thomas' focus will be on the salary cap and contract negotiations, which was also his area of expertise over the last three years in Cleveland.
"Matt is a well-respected salary cap expert and was recommended by many top-ranking NFL executives," Seahawks general manager John Schneider said in a release. "I am excited to welcome him to our football family."
Thomas, who has a law degree from NYU, began his career with the Miami Dolphins in 1998 and spent 12 seasons with the club, spending 2009 as vice president/general counsel & football administration. He then spent three years as the Browns' Senior VP of Football Administration.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks claim DT A.J. Francis, release DT David King Nov. 16
- Highlights from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll's radio show Nov. 16
- Seahawks vs. Cardinals snap counts Nov. 16
- Cardinals 39, Seahawks 32, Seattle falls three game back Nov. 15
- Seahawks vs. Cardinals lineup notes, Marshawn Lynch active Nov. 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.