Like Idzik, Thomas' focus will be on the salary cap and contract negotiations, which was also his area of expertise over the last three years in Cleveland.
"Matt is a well-respected salary cap expert and was recommended by many top-ranking NFL executives," Seahawks general manager John Schneider said in a release. "I am excited to welcome him to our football family."
Thomas, who has a law degree from NYU, began his career with the Miami Dolphins in 1998 and spent 12 seasons with the club, spending 2009 as vice president/general counsel & football administration. He then spent three years as the Browns' Senior VP of Football Administration.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.