Seahawks hire Matt Thomas to replace John Idzik
Like Idzik, Thomas' focus will be on the salary cap and contract negotiations, which was also his area of expertise over the last three years in Cleveland.
"Matt is a well-respected salary cap expert and was recommended by many top-ranking NFL executives," Seahawks general manager John Schneider said in a release. "I am excited to welcome him to our football family."
Thomas, who has a law degree from NYU, began his career with the Miami Dolphins in 1998 and spent 12 seasons with the club, spending 2009 as vice president/general counsel & football administration. He then spent three years as the Browns' Senior VP of Football Administration.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seven Seahawks ruled out for Sunday’s game, but none traded Oct. 24
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Marysville-Pilchuck shooting: 'Our hearts are out to everybody involved' Oct. 24
- Seahawks’ special teams coordinator Brian Schneider calls Sunday’s loss, ‘a perfect storm’ Oct. 23
- Michael Bennett and Bryan Walters added to Seahawks' Thursday injury report Oct. 23
- Seahawks getting huge ratings numbers in 2014 Oct. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.