Vote for Girls Basketball Player of the Week | Jan. 21-27
• Meadowdale's Mackenzie Bretz scored 13 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as the Lady Mavs beat Shorewood to remain in the running for a Wesco 3A South title. Bretz also scored six points in a loss to Glacier Peak.
• Lynnwood's Jordyn Edwards scored 16 points, had four steals and five assists in a win over Edmonds-Woodway and added eight points in a win over Jackson as the Royals secured a 4A South title.
• Stanwood's Jillian Jacobs scored 14 points in a win over Marysville Getchell and had nine points in a win over Marysville Pilchuck as the Spartans remained unbeaten in Wesco play.
• Tulalip Heritage's Adiya Jones-Smith scored 25 points in a win over Grace Academy as the Hawks remained undefeated in league play.
• Shorecrest's Bella Kemp scored 15 points, 13 of them coming in the second half, in an upset victory over Glacier Peak and had 11 in a win over Oak Harbor as the Scots wrapped up a district berth.
• Cedarcrest's Susan Kenney scored 19 points, including the game-winning shot with three seconds remaining, as the Red Wolves beat first-place Archbishop Murphy 51-50. Kenney also had 12 points in a win over Granite Falls.
• Lake Stevens' Brittney Pahukoa scored 14 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and had four steals in a win over first-place Arlington. She also scored six points in a win over Snohomish as the Vikings wrapped up a district berth.
• Everett's Darian Rielly scored 25 points, including six 3-pointers, in a win over Oak Harbor and had 18 points in a win over Marysville Getchell as the Seagulls wrapped up a district berth.
• Mountlake Terrace's Samantha Romanowski scored 23 points as the Hawks upset first-place Shorewood and 21 in a win over Marysville Pilchuck.
• Cascade's Kennadi Smith scored 22 points in a win over Kamiak as the Bruins kept their slim playoff hopes alive.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.