In other Sounders news from Tuesday, head coach Sigi Schmid said an MRI on Patrick Ianni's foot revealed a "slight fracture" on the defender's foot, which will keep him sidelined four to six weeks. If Ianni can't make it back in time for the March 2 season opener, Zach Scott is the most likely replacement at center back.
Following Tuesday's practice, the Sounders flew to Arizona where they'll spend a week training in Casa Grande.
"It’s a little bit of team building, team bonding," Schmid said. "We spend some time with each other, they spend some time with each other. . . They get together, they talk a little bit, so it’s a good thing for us to get together. We get to know them better, we have more time to call them and have talks with them, where when it’s here they’re going home in between (training sessions). They’re sort of a captive audience there, they’ve got no place to go."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.