Motorists called to report that the cows were loose. Police contacted the owner, Henry Wykowski, who caught and removed the cows from the cemetery.
Chief David Silvernail said the cows are an "ongoing problem," and his department has responded to complaints about the roaming bovines three or four times since last spring.
Cemetery Commission member Robert Floyd tells The Daily Hampshire Gazette (http://bit.ly/WPQ4py) he plans on asking the farmer to pay for the damage once he comes up with an estimate.
Information from: Daily Hampshire Gazette (Northampton, Mass.), http://www.gazettenet.com
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Mayor seeks ban on personal flamethrowers Aug. 19, 2015
- Idaho replaces mile marker 420 with 419.9 to thwart stoners Aug. 18, 2015
- Guinness: 26-year-old cat in Oregon is world’s oldest alive Aug. 18, 2015
- Woman takes limo to shoplift in Minnesota mall Aug. 12, 2015
- Breathing will get you buzzed Jul. 31, 2015
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.