Bovine vandals create havoc at cemetery
Motorists called to report that the cows were loose. Police contacted the owner, Henry Wykowski, who caught and removed the cows from the cemetery.
Chief David Silvernail said the cows are an "ongoing problem," and his department has responded to complaints about the roaming bovines three or four times since last spring.
Cemetery Commission member Robert Floyd tells The Daily Hampshire Gazette (http://bit.ly/WPQ4py) he plans on asking the farmer to pay for the damage once he comes up with an estimate.
Information from: Daily Hampshire Gazette (Northampton, Mass.), http://www.gazettenet.com
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Woman gets Burger King's bag of cash Jan. 25, 2015
- Dumbbell burglar leaves DNA behind Jan. 21, 2015
- ’In Dog We Trust’ accidentally printed on sheriff’s rugs Jan. 14, 2015
- Manila traffic cops to wear diapers Jan. 8, 2015
- Deer attacks man who shot it with arrow Jan. 5, 2015
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.