Motorists called to report that the cows were loose. Police contacted the owner, Henry Wykowski, who caught and removed the cows from the cemetery.
Chief David Silvernail said the cows are an "ongoing problem," and his department has responded to complaints about the roaming bovines three or four times since last spring.
Cemetery Commission member Robert Floyd tells The Daily Hampshire Gazette (http://bit.ly/WPQ4py) he plans on asking the farmer to pay for the damage once he comes up with an estimate.
Information from: Daily Hampshire Gazette (Northampton, Mass.), http://www.gazettenet.com
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo Nov. 13
- How do you smuggle Heineken into Saudi Arabia? Nov. 12
- Human poop could yield up to $9.5 billion Nov. 3
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.