The highway will be closed from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. Friday for previously unscheduled rock blasting related to a $129 million project to widen the highway.
Most closures have occurred on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Friday morning closure will remove rock left over from Thursday's blasting work. Drivers may use Highway 9 to detour around the closure.
More closures for rock blasting are scheduled for 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. each Tuesday and Thursday through February.
The work is part of a project to widen Highway 522 from Monroe to the Snohomish River, including a new bridge over the river.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- How-to deal with collisions in the I-405 toll lanes Oct. 10
- How one man maximized Good To Go for I-405 toll lanes Oct. 9
- State to wait and see on I-405 toll lanes at difficult merge (updated) Oct. 8
- Road near Lake Serene to close for two days Oct. 8
- Free right turn exacerbates Mukilteo ferry backups Oct. 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.