The highway will be closed from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. Friday for previously unscheduled rock blasting related to a $129 million project to widen the highway.
Most closures have occurred on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Friday morning closure will remove rock left over from Thursday's blasting work. Drivers may use Highway 9 to detour around the closure.
More closures for rock blasting are scheduled for 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. each Tuesday and Thursday through February.
The work is part of a project to widen Highway 522 from Monroe to the Snohomish River, including a new bridge over the river.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Heading out? Travel tips for the Thanksgiving holiday Nov. 24
- Some changes, more waiting for new I-405 bottleneck Nov. 23
- Signal timing on 88th Street NE near I-5 remains sore spot Nov. 23
- Seasonal closure begins on Highway 20 Nov. 17
- Mann Road to close for Burlington Northern crossing repairs Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.