The highway will be closed from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. Friday for previously unscheduled rock blasting related to a $129 million project to widen the highway.
Most closures have occurred on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Friday morning closure will remove rock left over from Thursday's blasting work. Drivers may use Highway 9 to detour around the closure.
More closures for rock blasting are scheduled for 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. each Tuesday and Thursday through February.
The work is part of a project to widen Highway 522 from Monroe to the Snohomish River, including a new bridge over the river.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Grants available for projects that promote walking Sep. 29
- First weekday of I-405 tolls: Great in toll lanes, a nightmare elsewhere Sep. 28
- Everett Station closes off electrical outlets Sep. 23
- Before I-405 tolling begins, double line rules are in effect Sep. 22
- A procrastinator’s guide to getting Good To Go Sep. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.